I was asked recently what resources I use as references while developing Nintendo DS homebrew.
As such I’ve decided to collect my favorite links in a single post for your enjoyment. ( Please keep in mind that I am also new to the Ninendo DS development scene, and as such this post is by no means a complete list of all of the resources available to you. )
If you know of any killer resources that I’m missing please feel free to let me know and I’ll add them to the list.
- NDSTech Wiki – The de-facto Nintendo DS Hardware Doc.
- GBATek Specifications – The de-facto GBA Hardware doc (with some NDS thrown in for good measure)
- dev-scene. com tutorials – The official dev-scene. com tutorials. Incomplete but thorough.
- PataterSoft Introduction to NDS Programming – A step-by-step introduction to Nintendo DS 2D game development with examples.
- libnds documentation – Libnds documentation as generated by doxygen. Excellent autodocs.
That’s all I’ve got for now. If you feel I’m missing something important please let me know!